Kindergarten Registration for the 2017-18 school year was held on Tuesday, February 7th, 2017. If you missed this important date but would still like to enroll your child for kindergarten, please contact the FES office at 320.968.7286!
Starting school is an exciting experience for your child and we want to be sure it is a positive one! We are very excited to share with you the great things happening in our kindergarten program. Our classroom spaces are outfitted with the latest technology and offer great opportunities for learning. We hope it helps you and your child get excited about getting ready for kindergarten.
To complete the registration process, you will need to provide the following items:
- a copy of your child's birth certificate
- a copy of your child's current immunizations
- any custodial legal documentation
- home, work and emergency telephone numbers
- busing information including pick up and drop off addresses
- All day kindergarten program for all students
- A FREE breakfast for all kindergarten students
- A rigorous, differentiated curriculum planned to meet the needs of all learners
- Online reading and math connections for parents
- School board commitment to class sizes in K-1 at 20 students
- Daily music and physical education classes taught by specialists
- Highly qualified kindergarten teachers that collaboratively plan for instruction
- Foster Grandparents and volunteers in every classroom.
If you have any questions, please call the Foley Elementary Office 320.968.7286 or e-mail the Elementary Office.
- Preschool screening is required before children attend school. If your child has not been preschool screened, please contact our school nurse, Mrs. Michelle Kuhlmann at the Foley High School 320.968.8423. Check out the Early Childhood Screening webpage - click here!
- Children must be five years of age on or before September 1st of the current year to be eligible for Kindergarten.
- In order to enter Kindergarten, each child is required by state law to present verification of immunization against diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, polio, measles, mumps, rubella and hepatitis B. A newer addition to this list is a chicken pox vaccine or history of chicken pox (specify what month and year).
- A Pupil Health Immunization form and Kindergarten Physical form will be part of the registration packet. These must be on file at Foley Elementary School before your child begins school in September.