Foley Alternative High School - Area Learning Center
131 5th Avenue South
Foley, MN 56329
High School Principal: Mr. Shayne Kusler
High School Office: 320-968-7246
ALC Coordinator: Mr. Steven Drake 320-968-4747
The Foley Alternative High School has an enrollment of 12 full full-time students in grades 9-12. The schedule consists of six 50 minute classes meeting five days per week, 8:10 am – 2:01 pm. Students generally take six classes a day at the ALC, but are encouraged to enroll in classes in the mainstream High School as well. Attendance is required every day on a full-time basis. Students must be a minimum of 16 years old to attend the Foley Alternative program.
Graduation Requirements – Class of 2009 and beyond
- 44 semester credits including
- 8 in Language Arts
- 7 in Social Studies
- 6 in Math
- 6 in Science
- 2 in Art/Music
- 1 in Physical Education
- Total required credits 30
- Total elective credits 18
- TOTAL CREDITS 48 (44 REQUIRED FOR GRADUATION)
- This is a seat-time program with a possible work-study component. Students are required to pass the MN competencies in reading, math and written composition.
- Infinite Campus Parent Portal - Utilize this portal to see student progress at the Area Learning Center. Questions regarding login information should be directed to the Foley High School office.