Call Us : (320) 968 7175 | Email :
*Anonymous Tipline: (320) 968-8478*

Student Meal Application and Eligibility Information

Foley Public Schools takes part in the School Nutrition Program which takes applications for free and reduced-price school meals. Reduced-price breakfasts are served at no charge.

Minnesota is now offering funds for families of children ages 5 - 18 years old who qualify for Free and Reduced priced meals. The program is called Pandemic EBT (P-EBT). Learn more at:

If you feel your family might qualify, please download, complete and return the Free and Reduced-Price School Meals - Application for Educational Benefits form to your child's school office. A new form must be submitted each year.  Your application also helps our school qualify for additional education funds and discounts. In joint custody situations, where a child/ren are moving from each parent's house during the school week, both parents must be aware of the child/ren's eligibility status. However, they do not need to see the meal benefit application, nor see or know the information it contains. Status is confidential information and cannot be seen on the computer screen during lunch. Items that DO NOT QUALIFY include milk for cold lunch or Ala Carte items.

Your Application For Educational Benefits Can Be Approved If Any One Of These Apply To Your Household:
  1. You have one or more children who receive MFIP, Food Stamp or FDPIR benefits. Complete Sections 1, 2 and 4 of the Application for Educational Benefits. If you also need to apply for children in your household who do not receive MFIP, Food Stamp or FDPIR benefits, then also complete Section 3. The adult signing the application is not required to provide a Social Security number unless Section 3 is completed.
  2. You have a foster child. Complete Sections 1, 2, and 4 of the Application for Educational Benefits. In Section 2, indicate the amount of foster care funds received specifically for the child's personal use, or indicate "none" if no funds are specified for personal use. The adult signing the application is not required to provide a Social Security number. You can now include all foster children in the household with other children.
  3. Your total household income is within guidelines. Complete all four sections of the Application for Educational Benefits. Include all adults and children in the household, whether related or unrelated. Include household members temporarily away from home, such as college students. Include gross incomes (before any deductions). For farm and self-employment income only, use net income after business expenses. A loss from farm or other self-employment may not be subtracted from other household incomes; the loss must be treated as a zero income from self-employment.

Free or Reduced Price Meals - Frequently Asked Questions

•Who can get free or reduced-price meals?
Children in households participating in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP) or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR), and foster children can get free school meals without reporting household income. Also, children can get free or reduced-price meals if their household income is within the maximum income shown for the household size on the instructions. Approval for school meal benefits is good for the school year.
•Do foster children qualify for free meals?
Yes, foster children who are the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court are eligible for free meals regardless of household income.
•I get WIC. Can my children get free meals?
Children in households participating in WIC may be eligible for free or reduced-price meals. Please fill out an application.
•May I apply if someone in my household is not a U.S. citizen? Yes. You or your children do not have to be U.S. citizens for your children to qualify for free or reduced-price meals.
•Who should I include as members of my household? Include yourself and all other people living in the household, related or not (such as grandparents, other relatives or friends). Include a household member who is temporarily away, such as a college student.
•What if my income is not always the same?
List the amount that you normally get. If you normally get overtime, include it, but not if you get it only sometimes.
•How will the information I provide be kept?
The information you provide on the form and your child’s approval for school meal benefits will be protected as private data. See the back page of the application for more information about how the information is used.
•Will the information I give be checked? Yes, and we may also ask you to send written proof.
•What if I disagree with the school’s decision about my application? You should talk to school officials. You also may ask for a hearing.
For more information on reimbursable meals and nutrition information, go to our School Board Policies webpage and see policies 770, 771 and 772. If you have any question or concerns, please contact Cheryl Pick, Child Nutrition Services Director.

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

Contact Information:
Cheryl Pick
Child Nutrition Services Coordinator
 Free and Reduced Application

2023-24 Free and Reduced Lunch Program Application