About Foley High School
Welcome to Foley High School. FHS serves over 600 students, grades 9 through 12, and has one of the highest graduation rates in Central Minnesota. A highly qualified staff, opportunities to access college course work, and an active and involved student body make FHS a great place to learn and grow. It is great to be a Foley Falcon!
The mission of Foley High School is to provide a motivating and challenging atmosphere that allows individuals to acquire the knowledge, skills, competencies and healthy attitudes needed to adapt to an ever changing environment and to contribute to our multi-cultural world.
- To ensure that every student develops communication skills in reading, writing, speaking, listening, media and word processing.
- To ensure that every student can understand and use numbers as demanded in everyday life.
- To ensure that every student has basic comprehension of the social sciences such as World History, U.S. History, Civics, Geography, Economics, and Current Events.
- To ensure that every student has an understanding of the natural and physical sciences such as Biology, Chemistry, and Physics: including an emphasis on the care and use of our land, natural resources and overall environment.
- To ensure that every student develops and acquires the skills and attitudes necessary for a healthy lifestyle: physical education, nutrition, coping/stress skills, first aid, chemical abuse, sex education, and sexually transmitted diseases.
- To ensure that every student acquires skills for developing positive personal relationships: self-esteem, interpersonal relationships, accepting and respecting others, parenting and family life education.
- To ensure that every student receives training in skills needed for problem-solving, critical thinking, decision-making, and studying.
- To ensure that every student develops and acquires cultural awareness and understanding of others, and their contributions.
- To ensure that every student is provided the opportunity for career awareness.
- To ensure that every student receives exposure to his/her creative abilities and the appreciation of the arts: visual, dance, musical, literary, and theatrical.
- To ensure that every student be afforded the opportunity to take the classes necessary to provide a smooth transition for further study at a two or four year college.